A green, sustainable lifestyle is on the horizon.
The journey has begun to a new world where cars are clean and quiet, and i-MiEV is leading the way. 100% electric, yet offering surprising power and a smooth, quiet ride, i-MiEV is redefining the way the world drives.
The Mitsubishi i-MiEV plug-in electric car is on sale now.
You can book a test drive at any one of our Mitsubishi Authorised Sales Dealers and experience the future of motoring.
Available from only £23,499*
*Includes £5,000 government plug-in car grant
i-MiEV. Experience the future of motoring today
Engineered to be the perfect car for the urban environment, the i-MiEV can park in the tightest spaces, breeze through traffic like a dream and can still comfortably accommodate four adults.
Over 3,000 i-MiEVs have been sold worldwide and in the UK it has been involved in official government trials since mid-December 2009.
Testing the i-MiEV against typical UK urban usage has proved the benefits are real:
- Costs just £376 to charge for 12,000 miles driving (£2.91 per full charge based on an average of 14.39p per kWh). If you are using the Economy 7 tariff then the cost for 12,000 miles could be as little as £223 (£1.73 per full charge based on an average of 8.54p per kWh)
- Low servicing costs and downtime – only 4 major working parts compared to over 300 in a typical internal combustion engine
- The i-MiEV Mitsubishi Service Plan (MSP) covers the first three years servicing at a cost of just £300
- Servicing carried out by any one of Mitsubishi's 133 service dealers
- Exempt from road tax
- First year capital allowances for fleet vehicles
- Zero benefit-in-kind company car tax
- Exempt from London Congestion Charge
- Free parking in some London boroughs and cities such as Milton Keynes
- 5 year battery warranty and 3 year vehicle warranty
i-MiEV will fully charge in approximately 7 hours at a typical cost of £2.91 (£1.73 using Economy 7). Fully charged i-MiEV will drive up to 93 miles. Maximum range of 93 miles will vary with load, road conditions, driving style and other factors.
Average electricity price (pence/KWh) for Economy 7: 8.54p and Standard Rate: 14.39p as per UK average on 21/12/11 on www.energysavingtrust.org.uk.
i-MIEV and YOU
The i-MiEV is a zero-emissions vehicle. Even when taking into account CO2 emissions at the power plants which generate the power needed for charging the car, it emits approximately 30% of the CO2 of a petrol city car.
Saving you money
The cost per mile to drive the i-MiEV is less than 6% than that of a comparable petrol vehicle – and this is before you’ve taken into account zero road tax (VED) and free parking.
Strong acceleration is achieved through a compact and highly efficient permanent magnet synchronous motor, which generates high torque at low speeds. In the real world this makes pulling away from junctions in and around town and overtaking other traffic a pleasure, not a chore.
Peace and quiet
Because the vehicle uses an electric motor, free from the vertical vibration associated with petrol and diesel engines, it runs extremely quietly and smoothly. There is almost no noise, vibration or harshness, which emphasises the refined quality of the car's all-round performance.
Using the on-board charger, the vehicle can be charged with a standard UK 240V domestic power source. All you need is a three pin plug socket and the car will charge itself from completely flat to 100* in 7 hours. In addition, when rapid chargers (currently being developed by power companies) are available, it will be possible to charge the vehicle from flat to 80* full in 30 minutes.
Take an interactive 360° tour of the Mitsubishi i-MIEV interior
Filled with innovative design features to make the best use
of space and available with modern tech such as iPod
connection and steering wheel controls not to mention
helping you make the most of your fuel with a handy
Explore the i-MIEV Interior